Thursday, September 30, 2010

Those who shape us...

Here I am sitting in my new family room, listening to Bart playing music and the rain steadily streaming down on the roof. Our new house is a ranch style home, all one floor, from where I am sitting I can see my yard with 4 raised garden beds, and corn fields beyond that. So different from the concrete, asphalt and cars I saw from our last home. I do indeed miss Baltimore, my friends mostly, but the familiar buzz of the city as well. I miss having a whole foods in walking distance and daily interactions with people that I knew. I think I am sensing a theme here, people, I miss my people.

Its only been 2 weeks, I can't expect to have an instant community here, nor did I ever expect that, but I am longing for it.

So to the people who stood by me for the past 12 or so years, thank you!

Bart asked me if I thought anyone would read this blog... well who knows, but I think that my people will, just out of curiosity if nothing else. I hope to come up with a good theme for this blog but so far it's just going to be random thoughts that come out of my brain that I'd like to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment